OPTAC Download Tool Configuration Utility (1C)
This is a chargeable upgrade, please read the details below carefully before proceeding.
The computer which performs the upgrade must be connected to the internet.
The OPTAC Download Tool Configuration Utility allows you to:
- Update your OPTAC Download Tool to the latest version of the firmware for 1C / Generation 2 tachographs whilst still being able to download 1B / Generation 1 Tachographs
- Configure Special Downloads on your OPTAC Download Tool
(a number of options can be set, such as selecting a specific date range to download or downloading detailed speed only)
- View the OPTAC Download Tool Manual
The upgrade will require the following cables, which came with your OPTAC Download Tool. If you are no longer in possession of these cables, they can be purchased from the shop by clicking on the links:
- USB Cable
- Firmware Upgrade Cable – requires PC with serial port.
- If the PC has no serial port then a USB to Serial Convertor cable is also required.
If you do not own a 1C tachograph this upgrade is not required. You can locate the latest free 1B firmware here.
- Left click your mouse once on the “OPTAC Download Tool Configuration Utility” link below.
- You will be asked if you want to “Run, Save or Open” the file.
- Select “Save” and choose a location such as “Desktop”.
- The file will now download.
- Once the file has downloaded successfully an icon will appear at the location you chose.
- Double click the left mouse button on the icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Utility.
- Once the Utility is installed please follow the onscreen menu options.
- To perform a firmware upgrade you must purchase a Licence Key from here or via our Customer Support Team.