How to install the OPTAC Fleet Viewer Software
**These instructions are for installing on a single computer only.**
Installing the software
1. Do not plug in your dongle yet. The software needs to be installed before the dongle can be activated.
2. Insert the OPTAC CD in your computer's CD drive.
3. Chose your language by selecting a flag.
4. Click once on "Install OPTAC Software".
5. Click once on "Next" and the installation process will start.
6. When the installation is finished, please restart your computer.
7. Once the computer has been restarted, insert the blue dongle (found in the small silver bag in the OPTAC box) into a USB port. (Usually found at the back of a standard PC.)
8. With the dongle in place, double click on the OPTAC logo on your desktop.
9. Select "Client configuration" and click on "Finish".
10. Chose your country and click on "Finish".
In “My Computer”, go to Fleet Data\Digital Data\Digital Data Centre and select where you want to import your information from. Click on 'open' and then click on the 'Import' button and your data is imported. You will be told when the data import is complete.
Activating your dongle
11. You now need to activate your dongle and obtain your activation code.
12. You can obtain this code by clicking on the link above the white box on your screen and following the steps, or by calling the support team on 0870 887 9202. For a step-by-step run through of the activation process, click here.
13. Once you have activated, enter your activation code in the box provided.
14. Once the code is entered, click on "Next". Then click on "Finish".
15. Now choose how often you wish to receive a back up reminder. Click on "Next", and then on “Finish”.
16. User name : admin Password : admin
17. Now please change the password to something you can remember. You must also confirm it, and then click on "OK".
Please note: The next time you use the software, the user name will remain as "admin" but the password will be the one you changed it to.